January 21, 2008

Winter Anime Season 2008 Early Thoughts

The Winter Anime season is upon us my friends and with it brings more anime that will either bring cheer or tears. Personally, i think the winter season is shaping up to be quite a good one with many interesting supernatural and comedy themed animes but is rather lacking in the mecha department though with only Gundam 00 to see us through the new year.(its getting even more crappy now) And now this is my watch list for the winter anime season.

1. Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
My last review said it all.

2. Hatenkou Yugi

Razel for Saimoe 2008(possibly)
I collected the manga which was published under the name Dazzle by Tokyopop and was quite pleased to know that it will be adapted into an anime. If all goes according to plan, this should be one of the top animes of the winter with Razel as the unortodox female lead who could more than look after herself. And oh did i mention that this anime contains bishounens as well?

3.Rosario+Vampire

Fanservice 20 seconds into the show

Fanservice anime of the season. Where else on earth could you get fanservice in the first 30 seconds of an anime? Supernatural monsters such as Succubus and Vampires will be officially included in the moe list from here onwards.

4.H20- footprints in the sand

Hayami-chan= Moe
Obligatory eroge adaptatation of the season. The setting of the village kinds of reminds me of Higurashi where a particular family is picked on by others such as Satoko(Higurashi) and Hayami(H2o).

5.Kimiaru (They are my noble masters)

Shinra-sama !!!!!
Another butler show but this one is pretty different from Hayate no Gotoku in that the butler and his master actually have family! As they say, the more the merrier.

And here are a few anime that i havent watched yet but plan to add to my list soon.

1. Shigofumi.
Dont know much about it yet but early observations look good to me.

2. Minami-ke Okawari
Still looking for subs. will do a review soon if i could get my hands on one.


With all the new anime added my watch list has been extended to 10 animes. Quite alot dont you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about what I'd write about for a bit, hence the seemingly late reply.
Yeah, I find that ten is a lot and on new series alone...

I tend to select my series carefully now and watch many episodes at once (for non-ongoing series).
I always feel sad when I have to drop a series too... Don't know why.
Well, from what you showed there, I go for the new seasons of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Minami-ke.
And maybe Rosario+Vampire for the fanservice. Ahhh, fanservice~! (LOL)

Anonymous said...

I think i'll be adding Rosario+vampire on my list for a bit of comedy and yes fanservice lol^^

Setsuna-san said...

@D_Blade: guess i am on the borderline of overdosing here.(if i havent crossed it yet lol)

@shinji: nice choice. Rosario feels alot like Ninomiya-kun with the over the top fanservice.

Anime said...

i havent seen these animes but it seems good! i'll try to watch it!